Alongside podcasts, reading and listening to books about property investment is essential to gaining key knowledge of the industry whilst taking in a range of different perspectives and approaches.
Below we list the top 50 titles for 2023 covering topics from buy-to-let management and investing strategies (including as HMOs, rent-to-rent, serviced accommodation) through to taxes, finance, deal sourcing, valuations and calculations amongst many more.
Our methodology involved searching for the topic of “property investment UK” on Amazon. We then compiled the list of the highest to the lowest rated titles – which was then weighted based on the number of stars given by people who previously purchased the book.
4.7 out of 5 (2,024 Ratings)
Last updated in 2022, this book by property investor Rob Dix provides insights, information and action plan on how to operate in an ever-evolving marketplace.
The book has real-life examples of how different approaches suit you end goal as a property investor. This is followed by a step-by-step guide into how to research, fund, purchase, build and manage an investment property portfolio.
Some of the key learnings include:
- Formulating an investment strategy and how to fulfil your long-term investment goals;
- Funding your property investments (cash, bridging, mortgage / auction finance etc.);
- Choosing where and how to invest in property;
- How to research optimally;
- Efficient property management;
- Understanding the property market and other “macro” factors (including the so-called 18-year cycle);
- Future-proofing your property portfolio – including scaling, going through downturns and how to exit.
4.6 out of 5 (977 Ratings)
This is the third book on this list from prolific property investment author, podcast co-host and PropertyHub entrepreneur Rob Dix. This particular book was created as part of his work with the Property Geek website back in 2013, but has been fully updated for 2022.
The publication covers everything you will need to know and consider before starting out on your property investment journey, and includes a “further reading” list to help you grow your understanding. Topics explores in Property Investment for Beginners include:
- Choosing the right strategy
- Understanding the quality of a deal using just three calculations
- Costs, expenses and taxation
- Safe investing with a minimal budget
4.6 out of 5 (945 Ratings)
This book dates back a little further than many of the others on this list – having been first published in 2015 – but its unwavering popularity shows that its comprehensive insight into the discipline of property investing is timelessly effective.
Author Rob Dix – co-founder of PropertyHub, hugely successful podcaster and property expert – presents an exhaustive list of approaches that will help investors with any level of experience to make the most out of their portfolio and grow their wealth.
Tips from this book cover a huge range of areas, including:
- Effective financing
- Different fields of investment
- Sourcing deals
- Achieving discounts
- Navigating auctions
- Liaising with property managers and tenants
Essential Property Investment Calculations: The numbers led approach to property investment and property management
4.8 out of 5 (899 Ratings)
Written by property investor, blogger and professional actuary Robert Heaton, this book is divided into two clear and convenient sections.
The first focuses on the basics and essentials of property investment, including off market deal sourcing, valuation and negotiation, while the second takes the reader through the key elements of property management, including the measurement of returns and KPIs.
Published in May 2020, the book teaches would-be investors how to:
- Calculate their rental yield
- Stress-test their cash flow
- Undertake valuations
- Calculate deal financing
- Develop negotiation strategies
- Understand property investment accounting
- Measure ROI and KPIs
- Manage risk
- Build a strong portfolio
4.7 out of 5 (722 Ratings)
Here is yet another publication from the pen of PropertyHub co-founder Rob Dix. This time, the focus is on the practicalities of working as a landlord.
First published in 2017, but now updated for 2022, this book offers superb guidance on renting out “property that you already own”. It’s clear, lucid and entertaining, and features vital advice regarding the steps to take and the pitfalls to avoid as a residential landlord.
With contributions from over 50 experienced landlords, topics include:
- Proper preparation to ensure success
- Finding the right tenants
- An overview of all necessary checks
- How to avoid “nightmare tenants”
- Handling maintenance and repairs
- Legal matters, including ways to deal with problematic tenants
- How to keep your tenants happy, comfortable and paying rent on time
4.5 out of 5 (660 Ratings)
Published in 2018 and now in its 6th updated edition, the book contains a wealth of guidance on how to achieve financial freedom through trading in property.
Zutshi shares advice from his Property Mastermind Programme to help readers to:
- Improve their mindset and plan for success
- Leverage other peoples’ time, experience and funds to support certain projects
- Explore interesting and educational case studies to illustrate important points
- Pursue ethical approaches where everybody wins
No Money Down Property Investing: How to Profit From Property You Do Not Own. Securing Lease Option Property & Rent to Rent Best Practice (Progressive Property Real Estate Books: Kevin McDonnell)
4.4 out of 5 (543 Ratings)
If you want to make money from property but have little-to-no capital to invest, this may well be the book for you.
Written in 2018 by investor, host of the Progressive Property Podcast, entrepreneur and public speaker Kevin McDonnell, No Money Down Property Investing offers a range of methods that can be used by would-be property professionals to grow wealth without even owning the property on which your deals focus.
The book teaches readers a range of specialist techniques, including:
- Six steps to achieve negotiation success
- How to recognise the best areas for investment
- Creating cash flow from almost any property
- Ways to scale your property business fast
4.5 out of 5 (458 Ratings)
Property entrepreneurs Rob Moore and Kevin McDonnell join forces to introduce readers to a transparent and simple-to-follow six-step process that will help them achieve financial freedom and an excellent living from property investment.
The 2016 book promises to aid investors in gaining “cumulative passive income” over an easily manageable timeframe, with key learning takeaways including:
- Methods to effectively leverage your time
- Ways to receive “compound income”
- Techniques to help readers recognise potential scams and to avoid unnecessary expenditure
- Approaches to drawing up the best possible strategy
- An introduction to “income quarters” to ensure the best possible returns
Property Investing Secrets: How To Make Money In Property - Investor Hacks In Property Investment Revealed
4.6 out of 5 (419 Ratings)
Another pair of big names in the property investment world, Rob Moore and Mark Homer published the recent edition of this guide in 2016. It contains 44 “industry secrets” and serves as a sort of blueprint for “hacking” the property investment system for major returns.
As well as a lucid and very valuable collection of tips, it is also a very entertaining read. Would-be investors will learn:
- The best approaches to achieving a passive income from property
- Ingenious applications for home equity
- Ways to future-proof investments in case of crashes and other external risks
- How to replace a pension with returns from property investment
- Details on how to continue gaining an income from a portfolio for the foreseeable future.
4.4 out of 5 (373 Ratings)
Published in 2017, this book, by expert property consultant David Lawrenson, is bursting with hugely valuable advice on how to source the perfect property for your letting portfolio.
Whether you’re planning to find property in the UK or abroad, the book provides all of the guidance an investor is likely to need as they aim for the best possible yields and returns on investment.
Topics covered in this book include:
- Sourcing superb deals
- Making the most of access to auctions, developers and private property sellers
- Financial management, including developing one’s understanding of taxation, mortgage loans, insurance and credit
- Mitigating flood risks and dealing with damp
- Engaging with letting agents
- Achieving full compliance with regulations and laws at all times
- Finding the best possible tenants, including a focus on deposits and immigration checks
- Understanding squatting laws
4.4 out of 5 (367 Ratings)
Ex-military man Steven Green – now the hugely successful owner of a lucrative property portfolio – offers refreshingly lucid, frank and accessible advice in this fascinating book.
Designed for absolute beginners who may be cautious about sinking too much of their modest budget into property, Green explores both the potential short-term and long-term payoffs of property investment and provides clear guidance on how to accelerate the growth of wealth.
This 2019 title covers vital ground, including:
- Sourcing property deals
- Investing in and managing HMOs
- Navigating the world of buy-to-let
- Converting property uses – i.e. commercial to residential
4.6 out of 5 (317 Ratings)
Pitching this technique as the perfect way to get started in the property world with little to no capital of your own, the Taylor sisters focus on an ethical approach that promises excellent returns and the potential for complete financial freedom with minimal risk.
The publication explores:
- A complete guide to the process in its entirety
- Handy tips on how to prepare your mindset
- Guidance on how to build the best possible portfolio
- A checklist of six vital areas of focus
- Potential pitfalls to be avoided
4.5 out of 5 (255 Ratings)
Written by property entrepreneur, investor and international speaker Rick Gannon, this book offers an excellent insight into property investment strategies.
Published in 2021 and designed for readers with an ambition to grow wealth and replace their income from employment with the return from their property portfolio, 45 Ways to Buy Property offers an extensive range of vital advice, including tips on:
- Unlocking versatile property deals
- Giving an existing portfolio a boost
- Avoiding stumbling blocks and navigating budgetary issues
- Sourcing unique deals to avoid costly competition
The Property Investment Playbook - Volume 1: A complete course in property investment, buy-to-let investing and property development
4.7 out of 5 (201 Ratings)
This book is part one of a two-volume set created by Robert Heaton, an investor and actuary – and Ye Feng, another investor and mathematician.
When read one after the other, these publications make up a comprehensive course that is perfect for anyone interested in starting up within the fields of property investment and development.
This first book, written in 2020, offers guidance on how to:
- Prepare to invest
- Set goals
- Source and organise finance
- Find the perfect team
- Build capital and equity
- Generate additional income
- Navigate buy-to-let
- Understand property development techniques
- Flip houses
4.2 out of 5 (173 Ratings)
Property expert Richard Alvern presents this 2013 book as a “practical guide” – favouring practical advice over nebulous theory. The result is an impactful and actionable set of vital advice that is easy to understand and implement.
The book contains clear instructions on how to make the very best returns on excellent value investments, and covers key topics including:
- Where the best properties can be found
- How to decide what to pursue and what to avoid
- Finding and purchasing property for significantly below market value
- The best approach to making an offer
- Techniques for maximising profit
Property Investors' Tax Guide: Build Tax-Free Wealth Through Property Investment & Cut Your Property Tax Bill. PLUS Capital Gains Tax Explained (Progressive Property Real Estate Books: Shaz Nawaz)
4.3 out of 5 (152 Ratings)
Property taxation is one of the most challenging areas for an investor or developer to navigate.
This book, written in 2020 by accountant, tax advisor and property investor Shaz Nawaz, offers an in-depth insight into the impact of various taxes on your property portfolio and wider organisation or venture.
Covering vital ground, the Property Investor’s Tax Guide is a perfectly practical and accessible guide that explains, among other things:
- The money you will be expected to pay depending on the format of your organisation
- Taxes related to specific types of property
- Capital- related tax (including a special section on Capital Gains Tax)
- Approaches to tax mitigation vs tax avoidance
Property Investment For Beginners: The Exclusive Real Estate Investment Guide - How to benefit from the crisis, leverage your capital and generate long-term passive income incl. Property Checklist
4.8 out of 5 (136 Ratings)
William K Bradford – a seasoned expert in property and stock market trading – wrote this superb guide to property investment in 2020.
Aimed at absolute beginners who are planning to build their property empire from the ground up in a manner that enables them to weather crises of any scale in the future, the book focuses on careful planning and risk assessment, good financial management, key techniques and smart maintenance approaches.
It also includes a comprehensive “property checklist”.
Vital learning outcomes include:
- The best way to find and secure your first property deal
- The process of investing in property number one
- Intelligent planning to ensure success
- A run-down of the various benefits of property investment
- Ways to cultivate a patient and methodical mindset
Cash In A Property Crash: How To Create Wealth Through Property Investment During Any Property Market Boom Or Crash
4.5 out of 5 (113 Ratings)
This is another superb book from entrepreneur Rick Gannon – this time working alongside investor, developer and founder of Progressive Property, Mark Homer.
Cash in a Property Crash, published in 2020, explores how rapidly rising and falling markets can affect your investments – and how to continue to make a profit despite the challenges presented by crashes and booms.
The book’s key learning takeaways include:
- How to develop the right mindset to invest even during tough times
- Vital calculations and principles to follow
- Understanding long term vision and short term opportunity
- Finding property sellers looking for a quick disposal
- How to develop as an investor
- Common mistakes to avoid
4.6 out of 5 (100 Ratings)
Written by longtime UK property investor Angela Bryant in 2018, this book focuses on key techniques that will enable property investors of any level to build wealth and secure financial freedom.
With the aim of helping investors to navigate the increasingly complex worlds of buy-to-let, rent-to-rent, HMOs and a range of other approaches while adhering to ever-changing legislation, Bryant covers vital subject matter throughout this publication, including:
- An overview of the current property landscape
- Ways to remain adaptable and informed
- Top investment strategies
- Deal sourcing methods
4.3 out of 5 (104 Ratings)
Veteran property specialist and founder of The Property Investor, Ian Samuels, created the superb Property Tycoon guide in 2014.
It crystallises the entire experience of property investment into seven easy-to-follow steps, from starting out right up to turning over your first million and beyond. Would-be investors can expect to pick up plenty of vital tips from this publication, including:
- Clear answers to an extensive range of frequently asked questions
- Handy methods of sourcing capital
- Guidance on how to choose the best specialists – including tradesmen and tenants
- Advice on the management of multiple properties, as well as their maintenance
- Methods that investors can use to add to and enhance their portfolio
- How to decide when to make a purchase or a sale
- Tips for navigating auctions and off-plan sales
4.6 out of 5 (84 Ratings)
This publication, by Bindar Dosanjh, achieved the “Exceptional Book by a Woman” Award at the Business Book Awards 2019. Dosanjh is a hugely experienced property investor, and this 2018 guide empowers other female investors to take charge of their financial future.
In an era where a great deal of economic power remains in the hands of male players within the property industry, Power Property Investing for Women is a much-needed text that exists to teach readers about:
- Taking the first steps onto the ladder
- Achieving their dream income and paying themselves what they wish
- Selecting and renovating distressed properties
- Leveraging others’ funds to support their projects
- Build a well-laid-out investment business
- Plan for complete financial independence
4.3 out of 5 (86 Ratings)
Published in 2018, this is an excellent guide for anyone new to property development or investing.
Drawing on his own experience as a property investor, developer and YouTuber with an impressive track record, John Howard uses this book to present a way in which early-career investors can make considerable profits without wasting time or money. The publication covers topics like:
- Starting up
- Crafting your first deal
- Finding investors and/or sourcing funding
- Potential problems and how to avoid them
- A full overview of the basics of purchasing and selling
- Tips on how to select your perfect property type and location
- Auctions, online purchases and other alternative routes to finding property
- The benefits and drawbacks of renovation vs restoration vs new build
- The different types of mortgage, including buy-to-let
- How and when to trade
- Self-preservation during crashes
- Finding the best partners with whom to work, from builders and developers to conveyancers
4.4 out of 5 (82 Ratings)
The For Dummies series has stood the test of time, offering clear guidance, advice and examples for readers of all backgrounds, and at all stages of their learning journey.
While the franchise’s Property Investing book dates way back to 2007 – potentially rendering some of its reference points a little outdated – there is a massive wealth of timeless advice and information shared within its pages.
Compiled and edited by Melanie Bien, this exhaustive tome explores the field of property investment from every possible angle and presents its findings in a manner that is accessible as it is possible to be.
Along with hundreds of other topics, Property Investing All-In-One For Dummies covers:
- Investor responsibilities and legal rights
- Overseas investments and lets
- Property-related tax
- Renting out property
- Maintaining your portfolio
- The process of property buying and selling
4.7 out of 5 (74 Ratings)
Written by experienced property entrepreneur David Tarn and narrated by Rhys David, this is a vital audiobook that provides a thorough, clear step-by-step guide for all would-be investors, starting with the very basics and progressing in plain English.
Split into three highly accessible parts that thoroughly demystify every relevant area of the sector, The Complete No-Nonsense Guide to Becoming a UK Property Investor teaches listeners:
- Good practice when it comes to planning and strategizing
- Sourcing techniques
- Property viewing, valuing and negotiation
- How to recognise a good or poor investment
- Legal matters associated with property
- A run-down of the full purchase process
- Finding and maintaining a healthy relationship with the right tenants
The Property Tax Handbook for BRRR & BTL Investors by Joshua Tharby: The ultimate tax and accounting resources for investors at all stages of their property journey
4.6 out of 5 (71 Ratings)
Written by Joshua S M Tharby of Chartered Tax Advisors and Accountants JSM Partners and published in 2021, this is an extremely concise and exceptionally clear guide explaining all you need to know about property tax.
Avoiding the typical jargon and complex explanations that seem to go hand in hand with subject matter of this kind, the 137-page book focuses on areas like:
- Tax payable by property investors
- The fields of property trading and property investment and how they are different
- Best ways to structure a property investment business
- Reducing Stamp Duty and VAT bills
The Property Investment Playbook - Volume 2: A complete course in property investment, buy-to-let investing and property development
4.6 out of 5 (65 Ratings)
This is the second volume in a series of excellent books on property investment, and should be read after the first volume (above) to complete a hugely informative course designed by property specialists Robert Heaton and Ye Feng.
In this second and final book, created in 2021, readers are provided with further guidance on the strategies and techniques utilised by successful investors, including ways to:
- Grow a portfolio
- Make your capital work effectively for you
- Source excellent property deals via untapped means
- Decide which assets to retain and which to sell on (otherwise known as “churning”)
- Make use of more advanced investing approaches
- Sell property for profit
- Manage HMOs
- Understand rent-to-rent and lease options
- Invest in commercial property
Property Investment Hacking: 13 Ways To Ethically Shortcut Your Way To Financial Freedom In Property With Little To None Of Your Own Money In 12 Months Or Less
4.6 out of 5 (57 Ratings)
Written by property investment entrepreneur John Wilson in 2018, this extremely handy book offers 13 separate approaches to achieving swift success when building a portfolio on the smallest budget possible.
Wilson’s bold methods include techniques that will help would-be investors to:
- Access significant discounts when purchasing property
- Build authority exceptionally quickly
- Attract commission cheques within just a few months
- Achieve effective “mind-over-matter” discipline
- Leverage other peoples’ properties to generate a portfolio almost instantly
Tej Talks Presents: Behind The Bricks: A curated collection of knowledge, insight and experience from the UK property industry
4.6 out of 5 (57 Ratings)
A book that serves as the perfect companion to investor and speaker Tej Singh’s hugely popular “Tej Talks” podcast, Behind the Bricks is a guide in which Tej has compiled advice from contemporaries and collaborators within the property industry that he trusts the most.
With guidance from a total of 43 different collaborators – along with key insights from Tej himself – this 2021 book covers a staggering number of areas with great effectiveness and accessibility, including:
Strategic Property Investing: What works and what doesn't in a complex UK residential property market
4.3 out of 5 (48 Ratings)
Property investor, podcaster and strategist Anna Clare Harper specialises in residential real estate, and published this excellent book in 2020 to offer guidance and advice to would-be investors seeking to grow their wealth in a flexible way as they navigate an ever-changing market.
Presented in plain, lucid English and superbly easy to follow, Strategic Property Investing focuses on:
- A reflection on trends and movements in the current market
- Risk assessment and avoidance
- Approaching UK real estate investing in a responsible manner
- A clear and concise methodology that can help investors from all backgrounds to safely grow their wealth.
The Invisible Deal: Why Mobile Homes Are The Perfect Investment and how to Flip, Wholesale, and Rent Them
4.4 out of 5 (44 Ratings)
Created by real estate “guru” Mateo Nicolas in 2021, this book promises sizable returns from a very unusual and little-tapped source: investment in US mobile homes!
The Invisible Deal offers readers advice on how to achieve a “five-figure passive income stream in three years”, simply by trading in this type of specialist residence – potentially adaptable in the UK.
Nicolas covers a range of key topics in his book, including:
- A step-by-step guide to the entire investment process
- How to wholesale, flip or rent mobile homes
- Ways to decide whether a particular mobile home will be a good investment
- Top methods of negotiation
- How to find the perfect mobile home
The Ultimate Property Listing: Create Powerful Estate & Letting Agency Listings To Grow Your Profits
4.5 out of 5 (38 Ratings)
This 2021 title by business growth consultant Neil Whitfield focuses on the niche but vital subject of property listings.
Ideal for readers working in property – whether as an estate or lettings agent or anywhere else besides, the book explores the perfect property listing from beginning to end, focusing on areas such as:
- Pricing your property
- Capturing and editing the best possible images
- Creating engaging listing headlines
- Writing the best possible descriptions to enchant the reader and answer all of their burning questions while creating further intrigue
- Incite immediate action and attract viewings
Property Investment: the essential rules: How to use property to achieve financial freedom and security
4.5 out of 5 (35 Ratings)
Another slightly older title, this book was written by entrepreneur Samantha Collett and offers timeless inspiration and clear guidance to individuals at any stage in their property investment journey.
Following straightforward and accessible steps throughout, Property Investment: The Essential Rules include guidance to help readers understand:
- The ways in which successful investors think and behave
- Skills required to assess and recognise the best opportunities and deals
- The best methods to make money through refurbishment or buy to let
- Cash flow management
- Business analysis
- How the property market works
- Ways to increase your ROI
4.2 out of 5 (35 Ratings)
Property entrepreneur Christian Romero created this guide in 2021, calling it “the book I wish I’d had when I first started out”. It is designed to serve as a practical manual, taking readers step-by-step through the investment, renovation and/or buy-to-let process.
Ideal for beginners, but also extremely useful for individuals part way along their property journey, with diagrams, flowcharts and more to illustrate certain points, the publication covers its topics in a logical order, including:
- Property surveys
- Tips for viewings
- Working out renovation costs
- Mortgages and remortgaging
4.9 out of 5 (29 Ratings)
This publication has long been something of an essential text for property specialists of all levels. Produced by the University College of Estate Management, the first edition of this book was published by Richard Parry way back in 1913 – with the 14th edition arriving in 2019.
The book contains a comprehensive selection of tables and charts designed to help anyone involved in property valuation and appraisal, including investors and accountants.
Set out in clear arrangements for easy reference, readers can use this book’s contents to calculate figures either “annually in arrear” or “quarterly in advance”, depending on their task and preferences.
First-Time Landlord House Rental Prep Book: The Landlord's Essential Guide to Getting it Right First Time Become an Autopilot Landlord
4.7 out of 5 (27 Ratings)
Ideal for any landlord who is just starting out on their journey, this publication – created by property maintenance expert and entrepreneur J. M. Sarsfield in 2022 – offers a concise and easy-to-follow guide that promises results in as few as three hours.
Sarsfield provides a fully-equipped toolkit that will aid any landlord towards success, with learning outcomes including:
- A comprehensive look at current legal requirements for landlords – helping readers to stay on the right side of the law and to avoid significant fines
- Ways to cut unnecessary maintenance costs and do away with costly add-ons
- Planning methods that will help property owners to avoid boundary disputes
- A rundown of issues with heating and plumbing that can become needlessly costly
- A list of local authority standards you must meet to ensure that your properties are deemed suitable to be rented out
4.5 out of 5 (27 Ratings)
This audiobook, created and narrated by Paul Mahoney – an Independent Financial Advisor (IFA) and the Founder and Managing Director of Nova Financial Group – focuses on the investment options available to those who wish to grow enough wealth to support a very comfortable retirement.
Mahoney explores the areas of interest-bearing investments, shares, and property in order to help readers achieve the level of financial freedom to which they aspire.
Released in 2021, this very helpful guide covers subject matter such as:
- Various investment options
- “Direct leveraged property investment”
- Methods for financing properties
- Smart approaches to taxation
- How to manage an investment portfolio
- Building passive income that is tax-friendly
- Avoiding a total reliance on pensions
- Planning to achieve major financial goals
The Good Retirement Guide 2023: Everything You Need to Know About Health, Property, Investment, Leisure, Work, Pensions and Tax
3.8 out of 5 (30 Ratings)
If you’re planning to invest in property in order to fund your retirement, this is the perfect book for your needs.
Written by Jonquil Lowe in 2023, previously head of the money research group at Which? and a celebrated academic in the field of Economics, The Good Retirement Guide offers its readers vital advice regarding, among other matters:
- The management of living costs
- Navigating tax issues relating to retirement
- Methods to support your lifestyle after stopping work (including property investment)
- An exploration of the pensions industry
Build Your Wealth Through Property Investments: Dissecting The 8 Most Popular Types of UK Property Investment Strategies
4.7 out of 5 (22 Ratings)
Created by Charles Fletcher – a longtime specialist in property investment within the London Metropolitan Area – this publication aids future property moguls in developing strategies of their very own by exploring the top techniques used by successful players in the sector.
This book, published in 2021, will guide readers in the pursuit of a greater understanding of property investment finance, industry jargon and the key tried and tested methods that are most likely to achieve excellent returns.
Core learning opportunities in the book include:
- Tips on how to evaluate potential investments
- Ways to start a portfolio on a tight budget
- An in-depth exploration of the property development
- The demystification of local and national laws and regulations
4.1 out of 5 (25 Ratings)
If you’ve been dreaming of achieving financial freedom through property investment, but your lack of knowledge and experience has held you back, this book will be a vital addition to your shelves.
Written in 2019 by stock market and property investor Andy Wen, the book follows his real-life case study in plain English.
Wen takes readers step-by-step as he explores the entire process of becoming a successful self-sufficient property investor. Its contents cover areas such as:
- Investment techniques
- Risk assessment
- Deal analysis
- The benefits of investing over working a 9-5 job
4.9 out of 5 (20 Ratings)
Property entrepreneur Matt Baker published this excellent book in 2022, to aid beginners and currently-operating investors alike in the building of a HMO/Co living portfolio that maximises profits and achieves significant tenant satisfaction.
Among the vital advice imparted throughout this publication, Baker informs readers about ways to successfully:
- Find the best property for their aims
- Develop each area of their portfolio to appeal to high-value tenants
- Grow their expertise
- Select the best team members
- Understand how to develop and manage superb shared properties
- Create a business approach that perpetuates itself an continues to pay off
4.3 out of 5 (16 Ratings)
This 2022 book, created by property development training specialists Ian Child and Ritchie Clapson of Property CEO, reveals how even the most modestly-sized development project can make excellent returns.
Child and Clapson focus on quick, low-risk investments and aid the reader in developing resilience and flexibility to take on all of the market’s many challenges with ease. The publication teaches would be property developers:
- A transparent overview of the entire investment process
- How to fully understand their rights when it comes to converting property without planning permission
- Ways to build a development business while working
- About vital sources of commercial and private finance
- Methods for building the best possible team
- Ways to find new opportunities
- Approaches to help you achieve more than your experienced competitors
- Methods to maximise returns
The Only Airbnb Investing Guide You Will Need: Learn How to Start, Manage, and Fully Automate a Profitable Airbnb Business to Quit Your Job and Stop ... Even With No Experience (Business Blueprint)
5 out of 5 (12 Ratings)
First published in 2022, this book delves into a niche area of property investment in a highly effective manner.
Written by entrepreneur Richard Hedberg, the publication offers readers a wealth of advice to help them achieve financial freedom through the effective management of Airbnb properties.
The key learning outcomes of the book include:
- How to attain a dream lifestyle through wealth generation from Airbnb
- Ways to quickly achieve the coveted rank of Superhost
- Effective approaches to attract guests in greater numbers
- Taking charge of the decisions that suit your property and approach
- Managing your property and dealing with guests
UK Property Investment: The Toxic Truth!: The Reality of UK Property Investment...Don't Invest in Another Buy-to-Let Property, Until You've Read This Book.:The Property Investing Series, Book 2
3.9 out of 5 (14 Ratings)
This 2021 audiobook, created by Peter How – a seasoned investor specialising in the use of mortgages – and narrated by Paul Metcalfe, is a vital tool for any future property investor. It covers “everything [How] was never told” when he started out as an investor.
Calling upon his real-life experiences throughout years of operating within the buy-to-let sector, How offers clear cautionary commentary that underlines the potential pitfalls of the industry, exposing ugly truths and helping readers to understand and mitigate risk well in advance.
Key takeaways from the book include:
- How to effectively work alone or with a partner
- Achieving the best levels and type of exposure
- Working in a manner that best suits you
- Interacting with other professionals planning to profit from your activities
5 out of 5 (10 Ratings)
This book, created in 2022 by property asset manager, consultant, trainer and speaker Chris Brain, focuses on a clear and simple methodology that promises to develop a secure and future-proof property portfolio that meets the requirements of a local authority’s “corporate and service objectives”.
Throughout this publication, readers will learn:
- How to divide up a portfolio into clear sections and thoroughly analyse each
- Justify the position of each property within their portfolio and improve its performance
- Optimise the effect of certain “policies, people and processes” to improve the outcomes of a portfolio
- Understand the importance of leadership and the purpose of stakeholders
- Build the perfect strategy to ensure future success
The Property Millionaire Method: The Authentic Way To Turn Your Nest Egg Into Millions, In Any Market
5 out of 5 (10 Ratings)
The third book on this list written by property specialist Rick Gannon – along with award-winning business leader Lorraine Gannon – this publication first launched at the end of 2022.
It explores property investment as a life-changing approach for anyone who is “burnt out from [their] corporate career”, explaining how anyone with access to a lump sum of money can make it work as effectively for them as possible – potentially supporting their retirement and more.
Brimming with lessons drawn from Rick and Lorraine’s own experiences, readers will learn how they can:
- Manage a large portfolio
- Beat inflation to make the best possible returns
- Invest in property on the side of an existing career, or as a full-time gig
- Scale and sell a portfolio in order to make returns in the millions
4.7 out of 5 (9 Ratings)